Background and your hosts

Once upon a time...

....a long, long time ago, in the year 1222, there was an estate around the Eibinghof, called “Schwaige Krumpfeichten”. This was the first time it was mentioned in documents. Around 144 years later, in 1366, one of the first estates in Saalbach Hinterglemm (“Glemmtal”) appeared, and was divided under the archbishopric of St Peter into 3 estates: “Eibing”, “Saig”, and “Lederer”.

Since then, a few things have changed, and since 1920, the Eibinghof has been in the proud ownership of the host family Riedlsperger. In the years since then, Saalbach Hinterglemm has developed more and more into a popular tourist resort for locals and guests, and the Eibinghof opened its doors to summer and winter guests in the 1950s.

To keep up with fast-developing tourism and to offer its guests a high degree of comfort and entertainment, the Eibinghof was completely re-vamped and refurbished in 2000. In the process, it was possible to combine traditional with present-day; the old arches in the cosy rooms are a feature of the original Eibinghof.


Current Events in Saalbach Hinterglemm.

Eibinghof  |  Riedlsperger KG  |  Eibingweg 7  |  A-5753 Saalbach
Tel: +43 (0) 6541/ 6342  |  E-Mail: